Our Safety Protocols
Learn more about how we minimize the spread of infection and the risk of COVID-19 transmission
To our New Canaan Pediatric Dentistry Family,
We hope this finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: OUR COMMITMENT TO YOUR SAFETY!!
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, its both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Dr. Anna and staff will be wearing additional protective masks, eyewear, shields and gloves. As well, we do ask that your child bring a face covering.
- All of our treatment rooms and waiting room are equipped with medical grade air purifiers which are running all day long.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those questions again when you arrive as anything can change moment to moment.
- We have hand sanitizers to be used upon entering the office. You will also find more in the reception area and other locations throughout the office use as needed. We have replaced out toothbrushing station with a hand washing station at this time.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We will be maintaining social distancing. That may mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. At this time as we are scheduling appointments leaving a greater amount of time in between each patient so that we may properly clean and disinfect. Please know that we are doing our best to accommodate you all while adhering to any guidelines set forth by the powers that be!
- For now, we will encourage parents (unless your child is 5 years old and under) to remain in their car while we bring children back to our treatment rooms. Dr. Anna will then escort your child back to you in the parking lot to go over their visit or answer any questions you may have. Please call our office when you arrive and we will come out to you. IT IS CRITICAL THAT YOU ARRIVE ON TIME. Upon arrival our staff will be coming out for your child and will take their temperature with a non-contact forehead thermometer. If your child has a 100.0 degrees or higher, the appointment will have to be rescheduled.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, your children and every patient, safe in our practice.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back your children and all patients, neighbors and friends.
All the best and in good health,
Dr. Anna and all of us here at New Canaan Pediatric Dentistry